Friday, May 6, 2011

Here's the deal

I like to cook and I hate to mess it up. I love to feed people and get INCREDIBLY insecure if I am not lauded immediately after the first bite. But first and foremost, I LOVE to eat. I love to break bread with friends at local restaurants, on outdoor decks and around the kitchen island. As a kid, T.G.I Fridays was a treat, now it's like a jail sentence - interminable and horrifying. There are very few chain restaurants I am willing to dine in, never mind enjoy. Oh - I am not fat or anything. I mean if 15lbs dropped away it wouldn't break my heart but overall looking at me shouldn't give you nightmares.


One more thing: Food Pictures
You're going to see a lot of them. I don't know how it started and I don't know why I continue to do it. But I love taking pictures of food. They're not professional and they sure as hell ain't pretty. 

I had this idea once to take a picture of everything I made from scratch and then cover my hideous-yet-on-sale cookbook with all my delicious food photos. That happened exactly never. I am not crafty and don't have the patience to print the photos (PRINT?! Photos? Do people still do that? Huh.) and then laminate them to the cookbook. Ah unfinished ideas. 

Speaking of which, let's not let this blog be one of those. Occasionally I will post a picture of food and I will do my best to either cite the locale of the deliciousness or the recipe if I used one. BE WARNED: I in no way guarantee my recipes. I hate to measure (unless baking) and I usually add some stuff that was not part of the recipe. I encourage you to do that same. Often, I will write about food and feelings. Please see title. Sometimes I won't write about food at all - just feelings. And lots of them. Don't worry, I am medicated. 

Welcome! 


No comments:

Post a Comment